Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Craft Beer Dinner Recap

There was something in the air that night, something special, magical if you will. March 14th at Angelo's Prime Bar + Grill in Clifton Park was the official kick off to my "Eat, Drink, Be Merry and Do Good" Campaign. If you haven't heard already, I have been nominated for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Woman of the Year, which is such an honor for me. So this was the first of a series of events. It was an all star line up of chefs, Teddy Folkman of Dr. Granville Moore's in D.C and the National Culinary Ambassador to Brewery Ommegang, Rachel Mabb of Bitches Kitchen, Ric Orlando of New World Home Cooking & New World Bistro Bar, Brady Duhame of Angelo's Prime Bar + Grill and myself (while I'm hardly a star it was super fun to be able to cook with these incredible chefs). The food was incredible...ridiculously incredible, some of the best that I've seen at a culinary dinner in a long time. The beer was amazing...you all know how I love Brewery Ommegang and they just really outdid themselves. Beyond that we had Erik Budrakey, of DeCrescente, leading the beer talk and Bobby Mac stepping up with Miss Rachel Murrary, our Girl of the Year, to lead an impromptu auction. 

 
It was just fun on so many levels, for me to be able to hang with the chefs; to be a part of that camaraderie was pretty special. But then to be able to also share my food for the first time was also pretty awesome for me. Then to go out in to the room, to talk to my friends....and everyone in the room was someone special to me....it was just amazing. I think what touched me the most though was standing in front of the room, while I was talking about my connection to LLS and why I support this incredible organziation, I looked around the room and I saw my friends,smiling, happy, supporting me, supporting LLS...the warmth, the love in that room ...the only word I have is magical.

Thank you all so much!
Michelle.  










No comments:

Post a Comment