Monday, April 22, 2013

Seeing RED

It was a Saturday morning miracle....the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and I was able to sleep in. Well the fact that I slept at all is a miracle in and of itself, but I digress. I realized that I had absolutely nothing on the schedule for the day other than my son's first baseball game of the season. There were no galas to attend, no fundraisers, social engagements, restaurants to visit, family or work obligations....I could simply putter in my garden, go to the ballgame and relax....it was heaven. But then I got to thinking, what in the world was I going to do with my evening (considering I had already fulfilled my monthly sleep quota). My first thought was going to Cap Rep, which by the way major coup by Cap Rep that they have gotten into my psyche enough to become my first thought, but I didn't think that the new show had started yet. Well, wouldn't you know I just happened to see Rich Lovrich post something about the new show having a preview on facebook. So I reached out and sure enough, there were tickets to be had!

So after freezing on the bleachers, I rallied and got myself ready to go to Cap Rep. I was going to see good show and perhaps have a cocktail at dp an American Brasserie after which is de rigueur. Well, I had no idea how good of a show I was going to see. It was BRILLIANT. So well written, so intelligent and so well done, it was absolutely thrilling. I'm going back to see it again and I don't think I've ever gone to a play more than once. Both Kevin McGuire & David Kenner were sensational, they just transported you into Rothko's studio, brought you into their world and let you pause for a moment in time.

I know I'm off topic for my food blog, but I had to share this experience. It was truly something special and we are so fortunate to have a theatre the caliber of Cap Rep right here in our backyard. Looking around after the show though confuses  me. Why are there not more younger professionals there? I don't understand, you all are my friends...you're all smart, witty, educated, you thrive on intelligent conversation...Perhaps you didn't know about Cap Rep, or how ridiculously awesome it is...Well come on then....do something different.... feed your brain...I promise you we can get cocktails after!

No comments:

Post a Comment